Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

By Jennifer E. Smith


I first heard about this book through my public library’s NextReads newsletter.  It was the title that really caught my eye.  It is a Young Adult book and is a quick, easy read. 

At first, I was a little skeptical about the premise.  Girl meets boy in airport, they sit together on the plane, share deep thoughts and are instantly in love.  Unfortunately, after leaving the plane, they get separated.  As Hadley gets in a cab to get to her Father’s wedding, she assumes she’ll never see Oliver again.  

What I liked about this book is that it goes beyond the young romance.  It is as much about the two teen’s relationships with their parents, how their parents’ relationships have colored their feeling about love and marriage, and the process of healing from broken relationships.  

So while the romance may be unbelievable, the story goes much deeper as it explores forgiveness, second chances, and the risks of loving.  

                                              I give it 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment