Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

For the Glory and Honor of Camelot




By Miriam Mitchell
2012

Adventure, suspense, friendship, humor, and a little romance– all in one book.  For the Glory and Honor of Camelot was written by 14 year old Miriam Mitchell, who also happens to be my great-niece!  Her first novel includes a little bit of everything.  

From the very first sentences, her descriptive language made it possible for me to picture all the action.  

“The clip-clop of hooves against cobbled roads echoed as they passed under the stone arch way.  The riders’ armor glistened in the sun.”

To have the “movie” begin to play in your head is a sign of good writing!

The story of young Queen Gwen, along with Merlin’s student, Merlitian and close childhood friend, Michael moves very fast through conflict and battle with a traitor and his cohort Drake.  Gwen needs to step up her courage to save herself and those who rely on her.  At times she shows immense maturity and at other times she acts like a typical young teen, such as when she storms out after an argument with her mother.  

I particularly like the little bits of comedy dispersed throughout her story.  I definitely can pick up on the family sense of humor!  I laughed picturing Gwen and Michael stuck on their backs and unable to get up after sleeping in their armor all night.  

I enjoyed your first book, Miriam, and I’m looking forward to the sequel!  I want to see what adventures are ahead for Gwen and her friends.  

Miriam’s book can be found here at Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment