Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Kids Cooking



A first cookbook for children

By Aileen Paul and Arthur Hawkins

Copyright 1970


http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Cooking-Aileen-Paul/dp/0385068743

Here is another cookbook I’ve had since childhood.  The dust jacket disappeared at some point during my “dust jackets are bothersome” phase.  I still remembered what it looked like, though, so I found a photo of it online.  I recall looking through this book a lot, planning menus, thinking about the wonderful dishes I’d make.  Looking through it now, though, there is not one recipe that I remember actually making.  No food stains grace the pages.


So while I apparently didn’t learn much from this book as a child, I’ve learned my lesson now.  I have a Pinterest board full of recipes to try and a whole folder of bookmarks on my laptop with even more.  Post-it notes protrude from the pages of my cookbooks.  My lesson – don’t let another week go by without trying one of these recipes!  Planning and dreaming are good and an idea gathering phase is quite worthwhile.  But what good is that collection of great ideas if I never get around to trying one?  It’s time to stop planning and just dive right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment