Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Electric Radish and Other Jokes



Selected by Susan Thorndike and illustrated by Ray Cruz

Copyright 1973

What is red, has a tail, and hums?


An electric radish, of course.



Here is my very first book of jokes.  Apparently my sense of humor hasn’t developed much, because these jokes still make me laugh.


How does a hippopotamus get down from a tree?


He sits on a leaf and waits for the fall.


What is the best way to catch a squirrel?


Sit in a tree and act like a nut.


It’s still the short, simple jokes that I like the most.  Here’s one of my favorites not found in this book:


What do you call a straight boomerang?  


A stick.


And how about this one:


Why did Tigger have his head in the toilet?  


He was looking for Pooh.



Have a great week, and make sure you take time to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment